with organic greens, vitamins, and minerals
- Includes coenzyme B vitamins and a whole food greens blend
- Easy to digest with a blend of digestive enzymes
- Contains maca, turmeric, lycopene, and reishi mushroom
- Support for energy, heart, and immune health
- For the maintenance of good health
- Non-GMO verified by ISURA TM
- Contains organic ingredients
- Vegetarian friendly
VitaDay Men’s Multi is a comprehensive daily multinutrient formula designed for the health and well-being of men under the age of 50. This formula features whole food greens, coenzyme B vitamins, and digestive enzymes plus herbs such as maca, reishi, and turmeric.
|Medicinal Ingredients||1 vegetarian capsule||3 vegetarian capsules|
|Beta-Carotene||1250 IU (750 mcg)||3750 IU (2250 mcg)|
|Vitamin A (palmitate)||1655 IU (500 mcg)||4965 IU (1500 mcg)|
|Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)||332 IU (8.3 mcg)||996 IU (24.9 mcg)|
|Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl acid succinate)||33 IU (22.3 mg AT)||99 IU (66.9 mcg)|
|Vitamin K2 (menaquinone) as MK-7 (natto bean)||6.6 mcg||19.8 mcg|
|Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate, dihydrate)||83.3 mg||249.9 mg|
|Vitamin B1 (benfotiamine, thiamine hydrochloride)||14 mg||42 mg|
|Vitamin B2 (riboflavin 5’-phosphate sodium)||8 mg||24 mg|
|Niacin (inositol hexanicotinate)||6.6 mg||19.8 mg|
|Niacinamide||6.6 mg||19.8 mg|
|Pantothenic Acid (calcium d-pantothenate, pantethine)||16.6 mg||49.8 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (pyridoxal 5’-phosphate)||11.6 mg||34.8 mg|
|Biotin||33.3 mcg||99.9 mcg|
|Folate (from (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid (MTHF), glucosamine salt, Quatrefolic®)||200 mcg||600 mcg|
|Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin, dibencozide)||83.2 mcg||249.6 mcg|
|Calcium (carbonate, citrate)||50.6 mg||151.8 mcg|
|Magnesium (oxide, bisglycinate)||25.2 mg||75.6 mg|
|Zinc (citrate)||10 mg||30 mg|
|Iron (ferrous fumarate, ferrous bisglycinate)||29 mcg||87 mcg|
|Iodine (potassium iodide)||166.6 mcg||499.8 mcg|
|Potassium (citrate)||6.6 mg||19.8 mg|
|Manganese (citrate)||1.6 mg||4.8 mg|
|Copper (gluconate)||500 mcg||1500 mcg|
|Boron (citrate)||0.3 mg||0.9 mg|
|Chromium (nicotinate)||133.3 mcg||399.9 mcg|
|Selenium (selenomethionine)||66.6 mcg||199.8 mcg|
|Vanadium (HVP* chelate)||16.6 mcg||49.8 mcg|
|Molybdenum (citrate)||8.3 mcg||24.9 mcg|
|Organic Maca Powder (Lepidium meyenii) (root)||33.3 mg||99.9 mg|
|Turmeric Extract 25:1 (Curcuma longa) (rhizome)||25 mg||75 mg|
|Organic Reishi Extract 30:1 (Ganoderma lucidum) (fruit body)||13 mg||39 mg|
|Choline (bitartrate)||8.3 mg||24.9 mg|
|Inositol (inositol, inositol hexanicotinate)||9.9 mg||29.7 mg|
|Lutein (Tagetes erecta) (marigold flower)||1 mg||3 mg|
|Lycopene (Lycopersicon esculentum) (tomato fruit)||0.6 mg||1.8 mg|
|Whole Food Greens Blend||100 mg||300 mg|
A proprietary blend of:
Active Greens – Alfalfa Juice Powder***, Artichoke Extract, Black Currant Powder, Broccoli Powder, Spinach Powder, Spirulina, Wheat Grass Juice Powder***, Barley Grass, Arugula
Active Vegetables – Beet Extract, Celery Extract, Tomato Powder, Ginger Extract, Kale, Cilantro Leaf, Parsley, Caperberry, Black Radish, Red Radish, Carrot, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Upland Cress, Daikon, Wasabi Rhizome (Wasabia japonica), Watercress Leaf, Blue-Green Algae Extract (Aphanizomenon flos-aquae)
Active Fruits – Açai Extract, Amla Extract***, Grape Seed Extract, Red Orange Extract, Mango Powder, Pineapple Extract, Grape, Pomegranate, Strawberry, Cranberry, Blueberry, Raspberry, Bilberry, Apple Pectin
Herbal Extracts – Siberian Ginseng Extract, Schisandra Extract, Milk Thistle Extract, Dandelion Extract, Ginkgo biloba Extract, Green Tea Extract
Digestive Enzymes – Alpha-Amylase, Papain, Stem Bromelain, Papaya Powder, Betaine. *HVP: Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein **EGCG: Epigallocatechin-3-gallate ***organic *HVP: Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein **See box for the list of ingredients
Non-medicinal ingredients: Vegetarian capsule (carbohydrate gum [cellulose], purified water), microcrystalline cellulose, organic Oryza sativa (rice) bran extract, organic Oryza sativa (rice) hull powder, organic gum arabic, organic non-GMO sunflower oil, vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant), chlorella, silica, citric acid, kelp extract, Eucheuma seaweed, Stevia rebaudiana leaf, licorice, garlic powder, copper sodium chlorophyllin.
Recommended adult dose: 3 capsules daily with food, a few hours before or after taking other medications or natural health products, or as directed by a health care practitioner. For prolonged use, consult a health care practitioner.
Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, egg, fish, shellfish, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs.
Supplementation with vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients can have direct and indirect benefits for numerous bodily systems, including supporting normal antioxidant processes, detoxification, digestion as well as absorption of nutrients, circulation, protein synthesis, and immune function (1).
Vitamins and minerals work synergistically. For example, vitamins C and E support each other as part of the body’s antioxidant network that helps protect against premature aging related to oxidative damage to DNA and proteins, cellular structural membranes, and lipids (2).
B vitamins are essential for energy metabolism, but can only be used effectively by the body when they are in their metabolically active coenzyme forms (3). Many people have genetic differences that impair this conversion process, but coenzymated B vitamins are metabolically active nutrients that the body can use directly. This formula contains biologically active preformed coenzyme forms of B vitamins such as Quatrefolic®, the stabilized glucosamine salt of (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF), that is well absorbed and directly usable by the body. MTHF works alongside methylcobalamin (active B12) and pyridoxal 5-phosphate (active B6) to help regulate levels of homocysteine, a substance made in body during normal metabolism. Elevated blood homocysteine levels have been linked to an increased risk of poor cardiovascular health (4).
Zinc is essential for the activity of numerous enzymes involved in hormone balance, and reproductive health. In a study of male fertility, infertile men were found to have low zinc and selenium levels in seminal plasma and to have reduced levels of antioxidant enzymes (5). Zinc and vitamin C are essential for healing and immune function, and work alongside vitamin E and other nutrients to support skin health and antioxidant defences. Vitamin C is needed for the immune system and has been shown to reduce the number of colds in people under physical stress (6, 7).
Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) is used in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) to support immune function and energy. This mushroom extract contains biologically active constituents such as polysaccharides like beta-glucan, which has been found to guard against oxidative damage to immune system cells and to exert immune-modulating effects, as well as supporting cognitive function, energy metabolism, and stress responses (8).
Maca (Lepidium meyenii) root powder has traditionally been used to support energy, endurance, and libido. In a clinical sports study, male athletes who received 2000 mg of maca extract daily for 14 days had significantly improved strength and endurance, and enhanced libido, compared to the placebo group (9).
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) root has been used in TCM and Ayurvedic medicines for its numerous health benefits. Turmeric provides antioxidant protection to neutralize free radicals and offers a natural way to promote a balanced inflammatory response. Clinical studies have shown that curcumin, an active compound in turmeric, can help reduce tissue damage caused by inflammation; improve liver function; increase the ability of the heart to pump blood more efficiently; and increase the flexibility of the arteries (10, 11)
- Richelle, M., Sabatier, M., Steiling, H. & Williamson, G. (2006). Review Skin bioavailability of dietary vitamin E, carotenoids, polyphenols, vitamin C, zinc and selenium. Br J Nutr, 96(2), 227-38.
- Trüeb, R. M. (2009). Oxidative stress in ageing of hair. Int J Trichology, 1(1), 6-14.
- McKevoy G.K., ed. (1998). AHFS Drug Information. Bethesda, MD: American Society of Health-System Pharmacists.
- Chang, T.Y., Chou, K.J., Tseng, C.F., et al. (2007). Effects of folic acid and vitamin B complex on serum C-reactive protein and albumin levels in stable hemodialysis patients. Curr Med Res Opin, 23(8), 1879-86.
- Türk, S., Mändar, R., Mahlapuu, R., et al. (2014). Male infertility: decreased levels of selenium, zinc and antioxidants. J Trace Elem Med Biol, 28(2), 179-85.
- Iqbal, K., Khan, A. & Khattak, M. (2004). Biological significance of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) in human health – A review. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition, 3(1), 5-13.
- Hemila, H. & Chalker, E. (2013). Vitamin C for preventing and treating the common cold. Cochrane Database Syst Rev, 1:CD000980.
- Lin, Z.B. (2005). Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms of Immuno-modulation by Ganoderma lucidum. J Pharmacol Sci, 99, 144-153.
- Stone, M., Ibarra, A., Roller, M., et al. (2009). A pilot investigation into the effect of maca supplementation on physical activity and sexual desire in sportsmen. Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 126(3), 574-576.
- Shimatsu, A., Kakeya, H., Imaizumi, A., et al. (2012). Clinical application of “curcumin”, a multi-functional substance. Anti-Aging Med, 9(2), 75-83.
- Sugawara, J., Akazawa, N., Miyaki, A., et al. (2012). Effect of endurance exercise training and curcumin intake on central arterial hemodynamics in postmenopausal women: pilot study. Am J Hypertens, 25(6), 651-6.