Men’s 50+ Multi
with organic greens, vitamins, and minerals
- Includes coenzyme B vitamins and whole food greens blend
- Easy to digest with a blend of digestive enzymes
- Contains saw palmetto, lutein, L-citrulline, and coenzyme Q10
- Support for bone and vision health
- For the maintenance of good health
- Non-GMO verified by ISURA TM
- Contains organic ingredients
- Vegetarian friendly
VitaDay Men’s 50+ Multi is a comprehensive daily multinutrient formula designed for the health and well-being of men aged 50 and older. This formula features whole food greens, coenzyme B vitamins, and digestive enzymes plus coQ10, saw palmetto, L-citrulline, and lutein.
|Medicinal Ingredients||1 vegetarian capsule||3 vegetarian capsules|
|Beta-Carotene||1250 IU (750 mcg)||3750 IU (2250 mcg)|
|Vitamin A (palmitate)||1655 IU (500 mcg)||4965 IU (1500 mcg)|
|Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)||332 IU (8.3 mcg)||996 IU (24.9 mcg)|
|Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopheryl acid succinate)||33 IU (22.3 mg AT)||99 IU (66.9 mcg)|
|Vitamin K2 (menaquinone) as MK-7 (natto bean)||6.6 mcg||19.8 mcg|
|Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate, dihydrate)||83.3 mg||249.9 mg|
|Vitamin B1 (benfotiamine, thiamine hydrochloride)||8 mg||24 mg|
|Vitamin B2 (riboflavin 5’-phosphate sodium)||8 mg||24 mg|
|Niacin (inositol hexanicotinate)||6.6 mg||19.8 mg|
|Niacinamide||6.6 mg||19.8 mg|
|Pantothenic Acid (calcium d-pantothenate, pantethine)||16.6 mg||49.8 mg|
|Vitamin B6 (pyridoxal 5’-phosphate)||16.6 mg||49.8 mg|
|Biotin||33.3 mcg||99.9 mcg|
|Folate (from (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid (MTHF), glucosamine salt, Quatrefolic®)||200 mcg||600 mcg|
|Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin, dibencozide)||83.2 mcg||249.6 mcg|
|Calcium (carbonate, citrate)||50.7 mg||152.1 mcg|
|Magnesium (oxide, bisglycinate)||25.3 mg||75.9 mg|
|Zinc (citrate)||10 mg||30 mg|
|Iron (ferrous fumarate, ferrous bisglycinate)||29 mcg||87 mcg|
|Iodine (potassium iodide)||166.6 mcg||499.8 mcg|
|Potassium (citrate)||6.6 mg||19.8 mg|
|Manganese (citrate)||1.6 mg||4.8 mg|
|Copper (gluconate)||500 mcg||1500 mcg|
|Boron (citrate)||0.3 mg||0.9 mg|
|Chromium (nicotinate)||133.3 mcg||399.9 mcg|
|Selenium (selenomethionine)||66.6 mcg||199.8 mcg|
|Vanadium (HVP* chelate)||16.6 mcg||49.8 mcg|
|Molybdenum (citrate)||13.3 mcg||39.9 mcg|
|Saw Palmetto Extract (Serrenoa repens) (fruit) (25% fatty acids)||26.6 mg||79.8 mg|
|L-Citrulline (citrulline malate)||16.6 mg||49.8 mg|
|Choline (bitartrate)||13.3 mg||39.9 mg|
|Inositol (inositol, inositol hexanicotinate)||9.9 mg||29.7 mg|
|Coenzyme Q10 (microorganism)||14.9 mg||44.7 mg|
|Lutein (Tagetes erecta) (marigold flower)||1 mg||3 mg|
|Whole Food Greens Blend||100 mg||300 mg|
A proprietary blend of:
Active Greens – Alfalfa Juice Powder***, Artichoke Extract, Black Currant Powder, Broccoli Powder, Spinach Powder, Spirulina, Wheat Grass Juice Powder***, Barley Grass, Arugula
Active Vegetables – Beet Extract, Celery Extract, Tomato Powder, Ginger Extract, Kale, Cilantro Leaf, Parsley, Caperberry, Black Radish, Red Radish, Carrot, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Upland Cress, Daikon, Wasabi Rhizome (Wasabia japonica), Watercress Leaf, Blue-Green Algae Extract (Aphanizomenon flos-aquae)
Active Fruits – Açai Extract, Amla Extract***, Grape Seed Extract, Red Orange Extract, Mango Powder, Pineapple Extract, Grape, Pomegranate, Strawberry, Cranberry, Blueberry, Raspberry, Bilberry, Apple Pectin
Herbal Extracts – Siberian Ginseng Extract, Schisandra Extract, Milk Thistle Extract, Dandelion Extract, Ginkgo biloba Extract, Green Tea Extract
Digestive Enzymes – Alpha-Amylase, Papain, Stem Bromelain, Papaya Powder, Betaine. *HVP: Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein **EGCG: Epigallocatechin-3-gallate ***organic
Non-medicinal ingredients: Vegetarian capsule (carbohydrate gum [cellulose], purified water), microcrystalline cellulose, organic Oryza sativa (rice) bran extract, organic Oryza sativa (rice) hull powder, organic gum arabic, organic non-GMO sunflower oil, vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant), chlorella, citric acid, kelp extract, Eucheuma seaweed, Stevia rebaudiana leaf, licorice, garlic powder, copper sodium chlorophyllin.
Recommended adult dose: 3 capsules daily with food, a few hours before or after taking other medications or natural health products, or as directed by a health care practitioner. For prolonged use, consult a health care practitioner.
Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, or sweeteners; no dairy, sugar, wheat, gluten, yeast, egg, fish, shellfish, salt, tree nuts, or GMOs.
Supplementation with vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients can have direct and indirect benefits for numerous bodily systems, including supporting normal antioxidant processes, detoxification, digestion as well as absorption of nutrients, circulation, protein synthesis, and immune function (1).
Vitamins and minerals work synergistically. For example, vitamins C and E support each other as part of the body’s antioxidant network that helps protect against premature aging related to oxidative damage to DNA and proteins, cellular structural membranes, and lipids (2).
B vitamins are essential for energy metabolism but can only be used effectively by the body when they are in their metabolically active coenzyme forms (3). Many people have genetic differences that impair this conversion process, but coenzymated B vitamins are metabolically active nutrients that the body can use directly. This formula contains biologically active preformed coenzyme forms of B vitamins such as Quatrefolic®, the stabilized glucosamine salt of (6S)-5-methyltetrahydrofolate (5-MTHF), that is well absorbed and directly usable by the body. MTHF works alongside methylcobalamin (active B12) and pyridoxal 5-phosphate (active B6) to help regulate levels of homocysteine, a substance made in body during normal metabolism. Elevated blood homocysteine levels have been link to an increased risk of poor cardiovascular health (4).
Calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus are essential for the development and maintenance of bones and teeth, while vitamins D3 and K2 support the absorption and activity of these minerals.
A 10-year population-based study evaluated 9,382 men and women over the age of 25. The study revealed a significant association between calcium and vitamin D supplementation, and improved bone mineral density. Participants taking vitamin D in doses greater than 400 IU per day had significantly higher bone mineral density in the hip region (5).
Lutein is a protective pigment that is highly concentrated in the retina, where it helps protect against oxidative damage, including photodamage from ultraviolet light. Lutein also protects against visible signs of aging and damage to other tissues through its antioxidant activity (6).
Zinc is essential for the activity of numerous enzymes involved in hormone balance, and the prostate gland concentrates zinc more than any other tissue in the male body (7). Zinc may help decrease the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which may then reduce stimulation of prostate cell proliferation and lessen symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), such as urinary difficulties (8).
Coenzyme Q10 is an essential cofactor for mitochondrial energy production and is a key antioxidant, especially in energy hungry tissues such as the brain, heart, and other muscles (9).
L-citrulline is readily absorbed and is efficiently converted to arginine, an amino acid that supports circulation. Unlike supplemental arginine, L-citrulline does not increase production of arginase, the enzyme that converts it into ornithine, another amino acid with different effects on the body. This means that L-citrulline may be better at enhancing levels of arginine, and nitric oxide, in the blood and tissues, to offer greater support for circulation (10).
- Richelle, M., Sabatier, M., Steiling, H. & Williamson, G. (2006). Review Skin bioavailability of dietary vitamin E, carotenoids, polyphenols, vitamin C, zinc and selenium. Br J Nutr, 96(2), 227-38.
- Iqbal, K., Khan, A. & Khattak, M. (2004). Biological significance of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) in human health – A review. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition, 3(1), 5-13.
- McKevoy G.K., ed. (1998). AHFS Drug Information. Bethesda, MD: American Society of Health-System Pharmacists.
- Chang, T.Y., Chou, K.J., Tseng, C.F., et al. (2007). Effects of folic acid and vitamin B complex on serum C-reactive protein and albumin levels in stable hemodialysis patients. Curr Med Res Opin, 23(8), 1879-86.
- Zhou, W., Langsetmo, L., Berger, C., et al. (2013). Longitudinal changes in calcium and vitamin D intakes and relationship to bone mineral density in a prospective population-based study: the Canadian Multicentre Osteoporosis Study. Journal of Musculoskeletal Neuronal Interactions, 13(4), 470-479.
- Bernstein, P.S., Li, B., Vachali, P.P., et al. (2016). Lutein, zeaxanthin, and meso-zeaxanthin: The basic and clinical science underlying carotenoid-based nutritional interventions against ocular disease. Prog Retin Eye Res, 50, 34-66.
- Murray, M. T. & Pizzorno, J. (1998). Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine. Little, Brown and Company, London.
- Leake, A., Chisholm, G. D. & Habib, F. K. (1984). The effect of zinc on the 5-alpha-reduction of testosterone by the hyperplastic human prostate gland. J Steroid Biochem, 20(2), 651-5.
- Littaru, G.P., Tiano, L. (2007). Bioenergetic and antioxidant properties of coenzyme Q10: recent developments. Mol Biotechnol, 37(1), 31-7.
- Schwedhelm, E., Maas, R., Freese, R., et al. (2008). Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of oral L-citrulline and L-arginine: impact on nitric oxide metabolism. Br J Clin Pharmacol, 65(1), 51-9.